I am delighted to now be part of the Arts Award Supporter programme for 2015. To find out more about the Arts Award programme and what it means for your organisation or school please visit www.artsaward.org.uk. To see examples of art related projects that I have been part of in the past please see the Community section.
Why I am an Arts Award Supporter
“As a versatile professional artist and art tutor working in a variety of media I have much to offer when it comes to artistic skills and expertise to inspire the next generation of would be artists. I am keen to share my knowledge and skills to help encourage people at all levels to create, explore and participate in visual and digital arts. Having worked with schools and on community projects I can see the benefits the arts bring to people across all ages and to local communities which has inspired me to become an Arts Award Supporter.”
I provide a programme of art related projects and workshops suitable for all ages 7-25 which includes activities suitable for those discovering, exploring and developing their skills in visual & digital arts. These can be working with individuals to develop portfolios & sketchbooks to group sessions and workshops learning different artistic techniques and skills or exploring digital media to mentoring or one-off demonstrations.
My Supporter Offer
I am available all year round and offer a flexible programme of activities that can be matched and cross-referenced to the Arts Award Programme (please see below – What’s on offer for 2015?). Activities can be provided on location at a school or college or I can arrange suitable venue hire for groups if necessary.
The projects can be selected by an organisation or tailored to specific requirements that match an organisations Arts Award Programme of activities. The basic outline programme I can offer can be adapted to suit different age groups and levels of complexity.
How do I promote it
A selection of activities tailored for the Arts Award programme are listed here on my website or I can be contacted by email to discuss an organisations specific requirements.
Benefits for the Organisation
- Develop and extend artistic skills by working and collaborating with a professional artist and art event organiser
- Discover and explore traditional fine art and modern contemporary art forms
- Experience working practices of a professional artist
- Get involved with the wider arts sector and related art events such as exhibitions & open studios
Want to do your Arts Award?
As an Arts Award Supporter I can only provide a selection of linked activities in relation to your Arts Award Programme. To find out more about the process of doing your Arts Award you will need to contact a local Arts Award Centre which can be found on the Arts Award Centre Map at www.artsaward.org.uk/centremap
What’s on offer for 2015?
Here is a short sample of activities that I can provide for 2015 to help you with your Arts Award programme.
Art & Craft Activities
- Expressive & Creative Drawing using a variety of media
- Art Journalling with photography, collage, textiles, acrylics & mixed media
- Exploring design, texture & pattern with monoprints & Gelliplate printing
- Record memories & experiences with mixed media Scrapbooking and Art Journals
- How to keep a sketchbook
- Create Junk Journals using recycled materials
- Stick, Cut & Fold & Craft – How to create artistic folding books
- Altered Books – recycle old books into artistic creations
- Wordplay – Artistic Calligraphy & Typography
- Colour Observations – Exploring colour in everyday life and the environment
- An Introduction to Art Mediums (choice of Oils, Acrylics, Pastel or Watercolour, Pen & Ink)
- Working with Mixed Media – an introduction to combining artistic mediums
- Meet the artist (interview or studio visit)
- The new age of Spontaneous Realism – Working with Vibrant Colour
- Portrait or Caricature Drawing & Painting (in Oils, Acrylic, Pastel or Watercolour, Pen & Ink)
- Capturing the Landscape (in Oils, Acrylic, Pastel or Watercolour, Pen & Ink)
- Life Drawing & Painting (in Oils, Acrylic, Pastel or Watercolour, Pen & Ink)
- Art of Miksang – An observation of nature (Acrylics & Mixed Media & Pastels or Watercolour, Pen & Ink)
- Introduction to Painting in Tempera
- Outdoor (En-plein air) sketching & painting (in Oils, Acrylic, Pastel or Watercolour, Pen & Ink)
- How to organise an Art Event (includes exhibitions, open studios and art trail type events)
Art & Craft activities 1 to 13 are suitable for all ages 7-25 whereas 14 to 21 are more advanced thus more suitable for those aged 12+.
Some of these can be combined to form a series of workshops covering a range of topics that are closely related or require a combination of skills to be developed.
Digital Media Activities
- Portfolio Preparation – Photographic image manipulation and preparation for printed & electronic media
- Websites & Blogging – How to set up an art related website or blog using WordPress (basic & advanced options available)
- Preparing an online artist portfolio
- 3D Printing in partnership with T3DT – build your own 3D printer, learn how to create & print your own 3D designs
Digital activities can be adapted to suit different age ranges. These activities will require a venue with computer and camera facilities with internet access.
How to Book?
For full details on any of these or if this list has inspired something related to these please contact me for a free quote at email@example.com or use the contact form on my website by clicking here.
Prices start from £75 for a 2 hour group workshop, talk or demonstration or £15 pp (excluding cost of materials & travel).